Applied Risk is an established leader in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security. We help businesses to protect assets and reduce security risk, providing organisations ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to small-to-medium sized businesses with the services and solutions they need to transform the way they procure, build, deploy and manage their critical infrastructures. Established in 2012, we have quickly grown to become a major cybersecurity player within the ICS domain.
We are seeking to expand our Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Industrial Internet (IIoT) security capability globally in order to support growing clients needs in this area. We are looking for a Business Development and Sales Manager to support our fast growing company.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and implementing the sales strategy, customer relationships and business development for a selected part of our business. The Business Development and Sales Manager will act as a primary customer point for the selected part of the business and represent Applied Risk externally . You will be given the accountability to further develop the commercial activities in a niche and complex market.
The primary responsibility is obtaining profitable sales growth in the designated area
- Supports the profitability in achieving targets, goals and objectives
- Responsible for the full sales process, from prospecting to the elaboration of commercial proposals, and from order management to cash collection
- Creates a (new) sales structure for the selected part of the business and implement the sales strategy accordingly
- Develops relationships & loyalty with a new and existing customer portfolio and continuously detects new opportunities for the organization
- Know key opinion and thought leaders across critical cyber security areas; manage professional relations with key customers, academia government and administrative bodies in order to deepen understanding of customer challenges and needs
- Defines and pilots sales achievements and objectives for the sales team according to the marketing plan (pricing, margin and target)
- Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to the business’ products and services solutions and ensure that teams strengthen their knowledge on how to differentiate Applied Risk’s offerings.
- Has the full responsibility for the realization of the budget for the assigned part of the business.
- Proposes and implements improvements in her/his customer and product portfolio and pricing - Identifies trends and opportunities for the medium term (next three years) - Participates in main projects, contracts and negotiations for major accounts
- Bachelors or Master degree in economics and / or business administration
- 5-7 years of experience in a commercial role preferably within a consulting environment
- Knowledge and experience of Critical Infrastructure sectors, preferably from the oil and gas industry, utilities, water and manufacturing
- You have experience in a strategy related environment
- You possess strong leadership skills
- You are customer oriented, structured and analytical in your approach and not afraid of making independent decisions
- You can demonstrate excellent English skills, orally and in writing, as well as profound networking and communication skills across organizational levels and culture
- Excellent consulting and communication skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English.